Overview of Our Online Privacy Protections for Children
We take specific precautions to protect the privacy of children under 13 years of age (“Child” or “Children”).
- In the areas of our Website intended for Children, we do not solicit and collect Personal Information (such as full name, e-mail address, phone number or home address) from Children.
- We take steps to prevent Children from posting or publicly disclosing Personal Information on our Website.
- We may automatically collect some system-generated anonymous, aggregate, and de-identified information (like IP addresses) and use technology (like cookies) solely to provide functionality and support to our internal operations.
- We will not condition a Child’s participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information Collected from or about Children
- Information Collected via Technology from Children
- Special Limited Circumstances for Disclosing Children’s Information
- How We Allow Your Child to Access the Internet Through Our Website
- Parent’s Rights: How You Can Access and Correct Your Child’s Information
- General Information
Princess Jackie, Inc. may collect several types of information to operate our Website and to offer you our Website services and features. To this end, we may collect Personal Information and Aggregate Information (both defined below) in support of these efforts.
There are areas of our Website that are not intended for children under 13 years of age, where you must be at least 13 years of age to access. If you are at least 13 years old, and obtain access to one of the areas of our Website that is age screened to prevent access to children under 13 years old, we may collect personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, user name, and other information from the Website only when you choose to provide it to us (collectively, “Personal Information”). For example, you may choose to send us Personal Information about yourself by sending us an email, uploading content (e.g., comments, photos, video, and stories) to the Website, responding to a contest, survey, sweepstakes or other promotional feature and/or by participating in other activities, services, features or other resources available on the Website.
Should we offer a registration option or the ability to purchase products in the future we may collect registration and transactional details as part of each to fulfil the transaction that you request.
If you connect with us through any social media, we may collect account or profile information, depending on the privacy settings you have enacted on the social media site and the terms of information sharing the social media service offers you.
Our Website may automatically collect certain information that is anonymous, aggregate, de-identified, or otherwise does not reveal your identity (collectively, “Aggregate Information”). For example, we may collect navigational information about where you go on our Website and how you interact with our Website, such as what you click on or share, and searches you may conduct on our Website, as well as computer operating system, IP address, mobile device identifier, browser version, domain type, and service provider. We may collect and use this information to help support the internal operations of our Website, including to conduct age-screenings, and to understand how you use our services and Website so that we can enhance, innovate and build a better Website and service. Aggregate Information does not include Personal Information. You should understand that virtually every internet website utilizes a form of such automatic collection, geared toward website internal operations and to enhance website features and usage. If we link Aggregate Information with Personal Information or in a way that renders it individually identifiable, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
The technologies that we use for this automatic data collection of Aggregate Information may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count the number of users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail, and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website stories or Content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Clickstream. As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to our Website. We may collect and use clickstream data to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout our Website and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. This information will be used to improve our Website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be aggregated and anonymous, and will not intentionally contain any Personal Information.
Please note that we may use third party service providers, such as Google Analytics, to help operate and provide services in connection with our Website and these third party service providers will collect Aggregate Information from our Website as well.
We may use your information, including Personal Information, as provided by you through the Website, to contact and correspond with you and/or to respond to your inquiries, including specifically:
- To respond to your questions and to forward you any information you request;
- To send you relevant information and updates regarding our Website;
- To send you newsletters or emails about our Website or our products and services or those of our partners, or to send you any event-related news, surveys, samples or gifts, should you request to receive such communication from us;
- To communicate with you about our promotions, programs, coupons, rebates, premiums, and other promotions which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information;
- To identify any photos, videos, comments, stories or other content that you have submitted to our Website, if you agree and provide that information for posting on our Website;
- To provide you with products or services that you request from us; or
- In other ways we may describe when you provide the information and for any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties or mass marketers. However, we may disclose your information, including your Personal Information, to our technical consultants, third party auditors and other third parties who make our Website available, enhance its functionality, and/or assist in the operation, maintenance, administration, improvement, and oversight of the Website, and are providing services on our behalf.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in a specific way, you have the right to stop using the Website or may contact us through our How to Contact Us information.
Additionally, we may use your information, including Personal Information, as we grow and change: If we should ever merge with another company, or if we should decide to buy, sell, or reorganize some part or all of our Website or business, we may disclose or transfer, to the extent permitted by law and in compliance with any applicable requirements to notify you, your Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers or successor entities in connection with one of these transactions or reorganizations.
As Required by Law and in Special Circumstances: We may be required to disclose your Personal Information if: (i) it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, (ii) such a disclosure would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) it is necessary to protect our legal rights or property, or (iv) it is necessary to protect the legal rights or property or physical security of others, or for the prevention or detection of crime and such disclosure is lawful.
We may provide you with the ability to register, log into, “like” or otherwise interact with our Website using your existing social media accounts, such as through Facebook “Like” buttons, your Instagram account and otherwise. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control those social media services or your profiles on those services, modify your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your Personal Information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you on the Website. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform.
Our Website may also contain links to social media platforms, and you may be given the choice of connecting to one or more social media platforms from this Website. If you choose to do so, then depending upon your social media privacy settings, the Personal Information that you post, transmit, or otherwise make available on the social media platform may be viewed and/or used by others and we will have no control over such viewing and use. We do not control and are not responsible for any use of your Personal Information by or through any of the social media platforms. By linking to any social media platform, you will be assuming the risk that the Personal Information you provide on that platform may be viewed and/or used by third parties for any purposes and agree that we have no control or responsibility for such third party viewing and uses.
We do not require Children to share any Personal Information in order to participate on our Website. For example, Children can view content, play games and enjoy many features of the Website without providing any Personal Information.
We will not condition a child’s participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
To participate in special activities such as “Share Your Story,” where visitors are provided the opportunity to submit their own stories and photos, we take steps to prevent children under the age of 13 from sending us the story and photo. If a Child’s parent sends us a story or photo that includes Personal Information about a child under the age of 13, while not required by law to do so, we take reasonable steps to prescreen the story and photo and delete any Personal Information about the Child before the posting goes live to the Website unless the parent has directed otherwise. For example, we may remove items such as Children’s last names or home addresses in stories, and we may blur Children’s faces in photos. Information that, standing alone, is not personally identifiable, such as first name, city and state, birth date, gender, etc. will not be removed.
If we suspect or become aware that a child under 13 years of age has emailed us a story or photo containing Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
Please help us protect your Children’s privacy by instructing them never to provide Personal Information without your direction or permission.
A special note to kids: If you are under 13, you should get your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission before giving out any of your contact information, like email address or phone number, or any other Personal Information that can be used to identify you, to Princess Jackie, Inc. or anyone else.
When Children interact with our Website, certain anonymous, aggregate, and de-identified information may automatically be collected to make our Website more interesting and useful to Children and for various purposes related to our business. For example, we may collect navigational information about where the Child goes on our Website and how the Child interacts with our Website, such as what the Child clicks on as well as computer operating system, IP address, mobile device identifier, browser version, domain type, and service provider. We collect this information so that we can enhance, innovate and build a better Website and service.
We may disclose anonymous, aggregate, de-identified information about Children if necessary for our third parties to perform a business, professional, or technology support function for the Website and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential. In addition, depending on the circumstances, we may disclose Children’s information under the following special, limited circumstances:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Website and Princess Jackie, Inc. business, our customers or others, including to:
- Protect the safety of a Child.
- Protect the safety and security of the Website; or enable us to take precautions against liability.
- Provide to law enforcement agencies as validly directed by legal process or in connection with an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if we are involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our Website or assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
Your Child can navigate to the general Internet through links on our Website. We do not control the types of information your Child may be able to send or post through these sites. Furthermore, their privacy and data collection practices may and likely do differ from ours. We encourage parents to regularly speak with and educate their Children about safety online and to monitor carefully their Children’s use of social features to ensure they do not disclose their Personal Information through such sites.
Princess Jackie, Inc.
Attention: Personal Information Service
4682 Chabot Dr. #11482
Pleasanton, CA 94588-2747
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use reasonable technical, administrative, operational and organizational measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, theft and loss.
We recommend that you take additional measures to protect yourself and your information, such as installing anti-virus software, closing browsers after use, keeping confidential your log-in credentials, and passwords, if applicable, and making sure that you regularly update software and apps you have downloaded to ensure you have the latest security features on your devices. Due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
We will retain any collected Personal Information or aggregate information for as long as needed to provide our Website’s features/services or, if applicable, if and until you revoke your specific consent. We will also retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. For such purposes the revocation of consent may not be valid. Please note that even if we delete some or all of your Personal Information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate, anonymous data previously collected.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you reside in the European Economic Area, you may request access to, modification and deletion of the Personal Information that we have collected about you, if any. To access your Personal Information, please contact us through our How to Contact Us information. We may charge for this service and respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and in any event, within the time limits prescribed by law.
Residents of California: Your California Privacy Rights Under the California Online Privacy Protection Act
If you are a registered user under the age of 18 and a resident of California, you may request removal of Content you have posted to the Website. Requests can be made by contacting us through our How to Contact Us information. Please note that making such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your Content. For example, we may retain the Content for our own internal records, for legal purposes and at the request of law enforcement.
For more information about CalOPPA and how it may apply to you please visit https://consumercal.org/about-cfc/cfc-education-foundation/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa-3/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your Personal Information, then you may contact us at:
Princess Jackie, Inc.
Attention: Personal Information Service
4682 Chabot Dr. #11482
Pleasanton, CA 94588-2747